Monday, January 9, 2012

doctor's order

after 7 months of wedded bliss, i find myself wanting to have a baby (or twins if we're lucky).  unfortunately, i have a condition called PCOS (polycystic ovaries) so i have irregular periods.  which means it's hard for me to conceive.

but, but, but:  in our family, though this seems to be the case (my aunts have irregular periods and my sisters too)  we fortunately do get pregnant even in "mature" age.  hence, there is hope!!

the trip to the OB-GYN proved educational (hopefully for hubby) and we were told that i have to lose weight (5-7 lbs).  yes!!  studies have shown that gaining weight causes delayed periods especially for women with PCOS.  but according to this e-book am reading, if i diet and starve myself, the body will be in defense mode and the more i will not get pregnant.  my only option:  exercise (gaaah!!).

1 comment:

  1. Go swimming, Ate! Kung may pool ako, araw-araw ako nandiyan...

    ReplyDelete